Monday, August 28, 2006

'Hey Johnny'...

Here I am sitting in a wonderful cafe at 11 a.m. wearing my Ray Ban shades in the middle of the North Coast drinking my tea and doing some work in my 'vacation'. It is a very weird feeling to be off work for two consecutive weeks after suffering for 4 continuous years. I remember the last time I was off goes back to the summer of 2002 before my last semester in university. I was off to Vienna. Life post university was and still is very hectic. I forgot how it feels to be on vacation. How it feels to wake up whenever you want to wake up and eat whenever you want to eat and swim whenever you want to swim. One could wonder, how didnt I take any vacation for the past 4 years? Easy; here in Egypt, you get 21 days off every year. The thing is, I changed jobs a lot in the past 4 years (exactly 4 jobs; that will not include my part time work in writing or appearing in football programs) and therefore I wasnt able to take any vacation because I was always on the move. Actually I miss work now(because my life rotates around it all the time now), and that's why I decided to do some work today from my laptop and send it via the email 'I am one of a kind, the best thing after sliced bread! The company I work for should be thankful for having me' :)
Anyway, during my time here in Marina, something very interesting really caught my attention. Beside that famous cafe I usually spend my time eating and smoking my shisha in, there is this alcoholic store that people move in and out from all the time. The funny thing is that they come out holding black plastic bags (not transparent though). I wonder why do they place their drinks in such bags??? I see people walking in and out of banks and exchange stores with those bags, simply because they have money; the greatest weapon nowadays in the world. If people see you in the street with thousands of pounds, they could stop you, hit you and take your money and that's why a black bag is being used; for protection. But why a black bag for beer? No sane person will steal bear during the day and also during the night. The store is in the middle of the street. It is located in a very lively area, actually the busiest in Marina. So everyone could see who is going in and who is coming out. If you are ashamed to sell alcohol then why form the store in the first place?!!!
I am against alcohol by all means as my religion prohibits it but I am laughing at the owners as they are having a huge conflict of concious. They want to sell alcohol and make money, yet they dont want to hurt the public's feeling and so place the drinks in black plastic bags. They think that by selling their products in dark plastic bags, the public will be happy and will stand and do a lap of honour for them. But I am actually laughing about how foolish they are and I am sure I am not the only one laughing.
Zeek goes back to work now.

3 Comments:

Blogger S at Buttered Up said...

Ha! It's either:

1. money
2. female sanitary towels
3. alcohol

in those black plastic bags. It makes it feel like someone is buying something horribly wrong, especially the Always. Lol.

I mean, people have now figured out what it is you have with you so they might as well make it less embarrassing.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:57:00 PM  
Blogger Zeek said...

I thank God that my gender says MALE, I dont drink alcohol and I am not rich to put my money in the bank. It is hard being me. :)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger S at Buttered Up said...

I'm not rich enough to put money in the bank either but I do have a bank account only because work got that account for me so I get paid there.

Oh well.

Lol.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics