Sunday, August 13, 2006

Crazy World



One of my friends just bought a pair of jeans for 800 Egyptian Pounds!! That amount was after sale (50%). That means the orginal price was 1600!! Till this moment I dont understand how did my friend actually thought of even buying it, and to add to all this, he is totally happy and convinced!!

I believe that Levi's Jeans is most the common all over the world, and most of the people I know wear Levi's since Tom started teasing Jerry, since E.T. spoke and since the Jews started murdering Arabs. I would never enter any jeans store apart from Levi's, because it is the best and also easy to find. I've never heard of a brand called 'ICEBERG JEANS'!! What's that? If I heard someone talking about jeans that cost 800 pounds, I will automatically think of Armani, Boss, Gucci, Prada, etc.. But what is ICEBERG? The name is not even attractive, it sounds like a deoderant or an energy drink.

People critisize me because I could and (did) spend more than 2000 dollars on football jerseys only. Everyone of us could spend a lot of money on things they love. I could never spend on technology, mobiles, computers, etc... because they dont send a buzz to either my mind, heart or eyes. But I would understand if someone buys the new Nokia mobile with 3 cameras, because they enjoy the technology, but a jeans is a jeans. There is nothing fancy about a jeans. A jeans is something you have to wear everyday. It gets dirty and you rarely wash it. Jeans is either light blue or dark blue. Sometimes you could wear black jeans, grey jeans and thats it. So there isnt much to think about or a long list to choose from really! When I go buy a Levi's pair, I do that because since the day we started to speak and meet our mum and dad, it is Levi's we automatically got introduced to, just like corn flakes and The Last Unicorn. If I decided to buy a pair of jeans now, I will not think of Diesel, CK or Celio (even though I owned them before) but they are not my ideal brand. Just like water when you are thirsty; it is the first thing that comes to your mind, not nescafe, not pepsi and not iced coffee. So why would someone go and buy ICEBERG JEANS? It is even much more expensive than Levi's, it looks the same like any normal jeans AND if you are a loser who wants to show off with things, then certainly the ICEBERG is not the 'amazing' brand to walk around with.

2 Comments:

Blogger S at Buttered Up said...

I totally understand what you mean. I don't understand it either. Sadly, a lot of the Levi's jeans don't fit me right but I never go overboard and spend a ridiculous amount of money on something like that. Last month, I spent 250 LE on a tank top that I won't be able to wear in the streets and will wear once or twice a year maybe. I was just too in love with it to let it go and it was on a 50% sale.

I still feel guilty for buying it but everytime I look at it I smile. Lol.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:15:00 PM  
Blogger S at Buttered Up said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Real Time Web Analytics